Bernard Pivot is a famous French journalist and interviewer. He is most well known for the group of questions he asked each of his guests on his show called “Apostrophes”. Each question was designed to better define guests in the eyes of those watching and more importantly helped to cast aside their celebrity in favor of a more human view. Pivot adapted his questions from Marcel Proust’s Questionnaire that was created to understand personality.
MyLamppost asks the same questions of the people it profiles in People You Need to Know About:
Dean M.L. Cissy Petty
- What is your favorite word? Hilarious
- What is your least favorite word? No
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Writing the perfect essay, taking a picture that tells a story
- What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? People who are duplicitous
- What sound or noise do you love? The sound of the ocean
- What sound or noise do you hate? Music jamming next to me in another car
- What is your favorite curse word?I don’t usually curse. When I do…say if I hurt myself, I say them all as if in one big long sentence. One of my closest friends always emails “wtf” when she wants my attention. She makes me laugh; she’s a preacher’s kid.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Marine biologist studying dolphin and whales
- What profession would you not like to do? Waitressing
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Everyone you’ve ever loved, your family, friends and pets are all right here.
Anthony Pierpont – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- What is your favorite word? Explore
- What is your least favorite word? Slavery
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? New ideas on releasing negativity, The Sedona Method, Harmonic Wealth by James Arthur Ray, The Secret,
The 17 Principles of Success by Napoleon Hill
- What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Laziness
- What sound or noise do you love? Ocean, rivers, waves, water falls, rain
- What sound or noise do you hate? Screaming, crying and complaining
- What is your favorite curse word?I don’t usually curse. Conjio (means “Oh fuck” in Cuba)
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Writer, Painter , Photographer, Write a Napoleon Hill-type book , go on a speaking tour all over the world, spreading a revolutionary idea that would liberate mankind, and be able to only charge 1 penny for admission but one penny for the book
- What profession would you not like to do? 9 to 5 employee who has to clock in for work, Banker, Clerk desk job with a boss looking over my shoulder, sitting in a cubicle with lots of employees around, slave ship rowing boat – I would rather be on the open sea
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Thank you for making a measurable differance in the lives of all of the people you came in contact with and for sharing the tools of your success with others. Thank you for spreading positive ideas all over the world. Toga party starts at midnight!!!